Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

LAZY LASAGNA (pg. 140)
Today I had the pleasure of having a neighbor friend to share Lazy Lasagna and a chocolate fat-stripping frappa with (featured in my last post) .  Food is always just a little extra special when you have a friend(s) to share it with.

Lazy Lasagna & Chocolate fat-stripping Frappa
What makes this a "lazy" lasagna is, coincidentally, the very same thing that makes it a low-carb lasagna...no pasta to cook.  The substitute to the lasagna layer is a spinach layer.  Seasonings in this dish includes oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.  The cheesy flavor in this dish comes from cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan mixed with a couple eggs.  The combined flavors create a delicious and flavorful lasagna that will happily fill in as a healthy, low-carb version of lasagna that I can be happy with.

Lazy Lasagna
My friend and I enjoyed this version and were content in taking second helpings.  My friend's comments and my hubby's comments paralleled in that that both felt there was too much spinach and they would prefer a little less.  Since I fight an ongoing battle with anemia, I am happy to keep as much spinach on this as possible to increase my iron intake.

CONCLUSIONS:
I would make this dish again especially if I'm craving Italian.

If you decide to make this dish, just be sure that the spinach is fully defrosted and you squeeze as much water out of it as possible to avoid extra liquid in the dish.

I also would maintain my iron-rich spinach on one side of the pan and hold back some spinach for those who do not want too much spinach.

HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINE'S WEEKEND!

Stay healthy and strong,
Chris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment