Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

ENCHILADA WONDER CASSEROLE (pg. 145) & WONDER WRAPS (pg. 204)

Wonder Wraps
I didn't feel like cooking yesterday, so I thought I would get the wonder wraps made in advance to save time on my meal the following day.  Little did I know I was getting myself into a major project.  It wasn't going to be a breeze like I thought.

I'm going to say at the start, be sure to use a non-stick pan.  I started with a cast iron, moved on to stainless steel, and ended up with my non-stick pan.  I used coconut spray for each one, including the non-stick pan.

Wonder Wraps


The THMs recommended watching their video online for instructions, but I couldn't find it.  But,  you can watch Indigo Nili's Review at youtube for an extra dose of encouragement and instruction (I almost gave up, but if she can do it, I can too!).  While you're on youtube, make sure you peruse through the wealth of videos others have made with regards to THM.  It is very helpful and interesting.

Ingredients for Wonder Wraps


I eventually finished my wraps and put them in the fridge for my meal the next day.

Enchilada Wonder
I found this meal was actually easy to put together as long as the wraps are done ahead of time.  If you don't want to make wraps you certainly can use "on-plan" tortilla shells.  And, it turns out, it is tasty.

Enchilada Wonder


CONCLUSION:
This meal turned out good despite the learning curve to making the wonder wraps.  I will make the wraps again since I now know how to make them and, I suspect, it will be much more easier and quicker.

It is recommended in the book to make the family-size version at the beginning of the week to use wraps with fillings such as avocados with tomatoes, meat, or other favorite fillings.

If I don't have time to make wraps that won't stop me from making the casserole with store-bought tortillas.  It is a worthwhile Mexican dish.

If you want to make the wraps, please plan on experimenting on a day where there is no pressure, you're not tired, and you are looking forward to spending a little extra time in the kitchen. 

Stay healthy and strong,
Chris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment