Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

EGGS & AVS (pg. 245)
READING GROUP
Ideally I like to post 2-3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).  When I am ahead of schedule things run smoothly.  Since today is Tuesday, that should be an indicator of my life running slightly behind.

It's my fault.  I began a book club and I put off reading the book until last minute.  As a result, I spent most of my Super Bowl weekend reading a book from cover to cover.  Mission accomplished!  The book is called "Reading Lolita in Tehran," and it was worth the weekend crunch imposed on myself.  In just a few hours I am going to meet with some nice ladies and discuss the book.

Eggs and Avs
I would like to mention the breakfast I have most mornings.  It is a pretty typical breakfast for many homes.  However, this has some slight differences that I have adapted since embracing the Thin Healthy Mama (THM) diet.

In the past, I would enjoy scrambled eggs with toast.  And, if I made fried eggs it usually would be with toast (with butter and jam).


Eggs and Avs
However, after trying fried eggs with avocado I ask myself, "Why didn't I think of this sooner?"  These are just plain ol' fried eggs, but when you drizzle them with extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO -- an official term originated by Rachael Ray) and top with parmesan and nutritional yeast, which adds a nutty, cheese flavor, the avocado is just butter on the plate (a.k.a. icing on the cake).

CONCLUSIONS:
Please don't let me run out of avocados.  It's my breakfast most mornings now and it isn't the same without avocados.

Enjoy your week.

Stay healthy and strong,
Chris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment