Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

SUPER PREPARED ROASTED CHICKEN, pg. 168
Meet Kelly

I have a Chicagoland friend that I have known since I was a teenager.  We both grew up in south suburban, Lansing, IL.

Just a couple weeks ago she was facebook sharing her first-time efforts of making a turkey she received as a gift from her parents for Christmas.  We were corresponding back and forth as she completed her turkey. Starting out, she seemed a bit nervous, but in typical Chicagoan style it didn't take long for her to start getting a little "cocky" at her achievements.

So, when I approached this chicken recipe, my friend, Kelly came to mind.  I'm just going to let the photos speak for themselves.
I love making recipes like this because it has potential to be top-quality meal and a major time and money saver.  If you're going to make one, why wouldn't you take the time to make a couple more?  This is the meal you go to when you have a "pajama day" or a day where you just don't plan on leaving the home for a couple of hours.  A closet can be organized by the time your meal is done or you might want to pop in your favorite rom-com while it's cooking.  It's the perfect weekend meal for working moms, also, because it will provide for other meals throughout the week when there isn't much time to cook.  And, it's quite impressive to look at.  The family will think you've been in the kitchen all day. Shhhhh!  They don't need to know how easy this is.   It's between you and me.

Super Prepared Roasted Chicken
Super Prepared Roasted Chicken
For the most part it is effortless, but goes a long way.  Rub the seasoning on it and pop it in the oven for a couple of hours and  your meal is done.  The most time-consuming part is the cutting of the meat and even that is minimal.  Take what you want for immediate meals and store the rest in serving-size freezer bags to use for soup, salads, or future meals that need cooked chicken.  Save the bones and freeze so you can make a very healthy chicken broth for soups at a later time.


Conclusions:
How can you go wrong? Delicious. Save the juices to make best-tasting gravy.

By the way, Kelly, awesome job on the turkey! Next time, though, make sure I'm there, too! :)

Stay healthy & strong,
Chris :)


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on this. Is there any particular recipe for the rub you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I just saw this comment! LOL! I used the rub that is found in the THM book. It's delicious! I'll show you the book when I see you! :)

    ReplyDelete