Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

CHICKEN POT PIE (pg. 137)
Comfort food.  I think we all have a favorite comfort food that makes us feel real good inside. 

Chicken pot pie is one of those comfort foods for me.  Usually, it's an occasional treat courtesy of Marie Callender from the frozen section of my local grocery store.  But, I always look forward to having one sitting in front of me as I gently pull the crust back a little with my fork to let the steam escape.

Would the Thin Healthy Mamas' (THMs') version of pot pie bring me the level of comfort I was looking forward to?  Let me just say, they know their way to my heart!  This was absolutely delish! My hubby actually said that this is probably the best dish I have made yet.

Chicken Pot Pie
 
I used my own homemade chicken broth and roasted chicken (January 13 post) that I froze from prior recipes, and I believe that really took this recipe up a notch (read about stocks and broths from my February 20 post).  However, I wouldn't hesitate to use canned chicken or store-bought broth if that's what I had on hand.  The vegetables are sautéed in butter and seasoned with salt, pepper, and, my favorite, thyme.

I have been fine-tuning my personal version of the baking blend and it still needs to be fine-tuned just a bit more.  I am finding that my baking blend needs just a bit more of the coconut flour.  So, I adjusted it for this recipe adding just enough coconut flour that it adds a subtle sweet flavor without the coconut taste.

CONCLUSION:
A comfort food I finally can splurge in without feeling guilty and better than any pot pie I have every had! 

Stay healthy and strong,
Chris :)







No comments:

Post a Comment